Monday, September 21, 2009

Three Mobile Broadband Australia Ruined My Mac

Yes that's right, the infallible MAC has been compromised. I don't know what the hell their software does but it makes my MAC play up freeze and CRASH. If I'm lucky I can terminate the browser and the day is saved. THIS HAPPENS NEARLY EVERY DAY. Now that I have disonnected the 3 Mobile Broadband device my Mac sleeps when it should, when I type in a word processor the characters appear the split second I type them, not 5 seconds. The three sofware and hardware is responsible for this, I have run monitoring software and it keeps switching to handle interrupts for 3 mobile broadband, activity monitor and logs can show some of this but that's not the best way to monitor it. Since I no longer use three mobile broadband my Mac does not crash and runs faster in every way, MAC the way it was supposed to be befopre three mobile broadband infected it. USB is not the best most efficient way for communications but that is all they have. I guess the slide in BUS cards they once had would be the way to go but they are more expensive to produce, anyway, their connection manager software would wreck it anyway. I guess they like the usb modems because they can fit their software of it's virtual drive rather than giving you a cd, more money saved. I guess this is why they dropped the bus card style modems which would be the superior way to interface the the computer directly into the bus, not some cave man usb device.

No comments:

Post a Comment